Simian and Chelsea FC Open Construction Career Pathways
5th May 2021
Being a business that is formed from what is primarily an Evertonian fanbase, (I know, I know – Editor) we’re thrilled to be working with the Chelsea Football Club Foundation, to provide free CSCS cards and pathways into the construction industry.
The Chelsea seven-day online course will provide delegates with a Level 2 certificate in Construction Employability and a Level 1 Award in Digital Work Skills.
Completion will open up a pathway into a 13-day training with SIMIAN, which will result in the opportunity for candidates to take the CSCS test and the award of a CSCS card – the passport to a career in the construction industry.
To achieve, learners must:
- Attend the Chelsea seven-day online class via zoom starting on Monday 17 May. This course consists of two 45-minute teaching sessions every morning and, if needed, a support session in the afternoon of each day until Tuesday 25th May.
- On successful completion of the above, candidates will attend a 13-day training course with SIMIAN.
- Be 19 years old or older
- Be unemployed and in receipt of benefits – be prepared to show proof of benefits on enrolment
- Be working/ furloughed but on an income of £20,850 or lower – be prepared to show evidence of this via a wage slip
- Have photo ID
- Have or be able to download the zoom video platform
- Have a laptop or PC to work from (Sorry – smart phones aren’t suitable!)
- Have lived in the UK/EU for three years at least
Speaking of our latest joint-venture initiative, Sara Calvo, Business Development Manager (SE) said: “This is a superb opportunity to not only gain qualifications, but also to get a CSCS card and get work in the construction industry. The construction industry has continued to operate throughout the pandemic and shows no signs of slowing up, so the initiative is a fantastic way for furloughed or unemployed workers to kickstart their careers”.
To enrol/express an interest, please email Martin Burrows at (email@example.com) or Sara Calvo (firstname.lastname@example.org).