North West Construction Safety Group Awards 2016
26th May 2016
We were heavily involved in organising the awards, which are intended to recognise those working in the North West construction sector who go above and beyond in terms of their approach to health and safety and who are a source of inspiration to those around them.
The event, which took place at the Copthorne Hotel in Manchester, was well attended and a great celebration of some of the superstars of our industry.
Claire Oakes, who has been Chair of the NWCSG for 4 years, hosted the awards and Andy Gay, HSE Head of Operations (Construction) NW England and North Midlands, presented the following awards:
- Personality of the Year: Danny Duignan – GM Fire and Rescue Service
- Non-Safety Professional – Sandra Bland
- Innovation Award – Leach Structural Steel Work Ltd
- Outstanding Organisation – Redrow Homes Ltd
- Lifetime Achievement – Jason Anker MBE
Following a three-course meal and the awards there was live music, dancing and lots of fun in the photo booth! A great night was had by all who attended. Watch this space for news of the 2017 awards which we have already started planning.