CISRS Advanced Revision
1. What legislation governs work at height in the UK?
2. Which document will state the safe way to work on a scaffold contract?
3. What is the safe working load of a class B right angle coupler?
4. What is the minimum recommended loading on a slung scaffold?
5. What is the safety factor for a right-angle coupler?
6. What is the Safe Working Load of a class ‘B’ sleeve coupler
7. What is the maximum distance a tie tube can be positioned from the node point?
8. What is the minimum recommended loading on a tube & fitting stair tower?
9. What is the ideal dimensions of a sole board?
10. What is the current technical guidance for tube and fitting scaffolding?
11. A box tie can be considered to provide a pull capacity of?
12. How often should ledger bracing be installed on a TG20 compliant independent scaffold?
13. How often should sway bracing occur in a TG20 Scaffold?
14. What is the maximum width of a TG20 light duty fan?
15. Which document provides detail on the safe use of fall protection equipment for Scaffolders?
16. Which document must you have to hand when erecting a prefabricated (aluminium) mobile tower?
17. At what height should guard-rails and toe boards be introduced on a scaffold?
18. On raking shores who is responsible for fixing the concrete pads & wall plates?
19. What is the minimum height for the top guard-rail?
20. The distance between the toe board and guard-rail should not exceed what distance?
21. What is the minimum acceptable height for a toe board?
22. Above what slope (gradient) should an engineer be consulted to check the adequacy of sloping foundations?
23. What is the recommended maximum spacing of the structural transoms on the top chord of a TG20 bridge?
24. What is the minimum recommended loading for a pedestrian ramp?
25. What is the general ‘distance’ rule for the positioning of ties on basic scaffolds?
26. What is the maximum recommended angle for spurs on a truss-out scaffold?
27. Ladders should project beyond the access point by at least?
28. What is the minimum length of a sole board supporting double standards?
29. According to TG20, how should sole boards be placed on the roof when erecting a chimney stack scaffold?
30. What is the maximum number of supplementary couplers that can be used if the main coupler is a swivel?
31. What is the minimum size opening for ladder access?
32. Who is responsible for laying the foundations when erecting falsework scaffolds?
33. At what rate should the tension chord of a prefabricated beam be tied?
34. What is the minimum slope of a fan?
35. What is the safety factor for a cantilever drop?
36. What is the maximum slope that a ramp should not exceed?
37. Where should check fittings be placed on the suspension tubes on a hanger?
38. What is the smallest base dimension for a tower scaffold?
39. Scaffold towers erected externally should not exceed their smallest base dimension by more than?
40. What should be the first option when planning safe access to scaffolds?
41. What is the recommended minimum depth of the beams used to erect a TG20 3-bay bridge?
42. What is the maximum recommended transom spacing for a standard scaffold board?
43. How should ring type gin wheels be secured?
44. What is the recommended minimum number of working boards for a 5-board wide scaffold?
45. What is the Safe Working Load of a class ‘B’ swivel?
46. According to the NASC guidance document, TG4, what percentage of ties should be proof tested, as a minimum?
47. Ideally where should the chords of a raking shore butt the wall?
48. What is the legislation that covers hazardous substances?
49. How many working lifts are permitted on a TG20 compliant general purpose putlog scaffold?
50. What is the typical maximum hanging load (vertically) for a pair of girder clamps?
51. What is the maximum service gap between the scaffold and the workface without fixing a guardrail?
52. What is the maximum recommended standard spacing for a class ‘3’ birdcage scaffold?
53. For Scaffolders, what is the method of fall protection that ranks highest under the Work at Height Regulations 2005 hierarchy?
54. What is the minimum head clearance for a pavement gantry?
55. How often should statutory inspections be carried out on scaffolds?
56. What is the ideal angle for rakers on a raking shore?
57. What is the node point on a scaffold?
58. When should the single guardrail be left in position for the duration that the Scaffold is being used?
59. According to TG20, where should the plan bracing be installed on a beamed opening?
60. Who is responsible for safety on site?
61. What is the maximum standard spacing on a TG20 compliant light duty independent scaffold?
62. What is the maximum standard spacing on a TG20 compliant general purpose independent scaffold?
63. What is the maximum loading on a TG20 compliant general purpose independent scaffold?
64. What is the maximum standard spacing on a TG20 compliant heavy-duty independent scaffold?
65. What is the maximum first lift height for an independent scaffold?
66. Does a scaffolder need to be clipped on when installing ledgers & transoms within a single guardrail on a fully boarded lift?
67. How often should a Scaffolder check his/her fall protection equipment?
68. What is the maximum recommended transom spacing for a class ‘4’ independent scaffold?
69. What is the ideal angle for stringer tubes on a staircase scaffold?
70. Does a scaffolder need to be clipped on when raising/lowering boards?
71. What is the height to base ratio for a TG20 compliant internal freestanding tower scaffold?
72. Expansion anchor ties should only be used into which base material?
73. What is the maximum extension on the adjustable jacks on a dead shore scaffold?
74. What percentage of ties should be attached to ledger braced pairs of standards?
Your score is