- Introduction & welcome
- Aims & objectives
Module one – Health and safety
- Legal overview – health & safety law
- Health & safety management
- HSE ACOPs and guidance
- Risk assessment project.
Module two – Performance standards
- British & European standards
- NASC safety & technical guidance
- Design engineering appreciation.
Review risk assessment projects
Module three – Employment basics
- Legal overview (employment law)
- Discipline & grievance
- Managing absence
- Managing conflict & resolution.
Module four – Supervisory skills
- Planning & organisation
- Materials & logistics
- Competence & allocating duties
- Effective supervision
- Commissioning & handover
- Statutory scaffold inspections.
- Planning & Organisation
Module four – Continued
- Effective communication (including basic presentation skill, briefings & toolbox talks)
- Meeting skills
- Customer relations
- Performance management.
Module five – Commercial skills
- NASC commercial guidance
- Sales, estimating & surveying
- Contracts awareness
- Managing variations
- Valuations & payment
- Payment disputes & remedies.
Module five – Continued
- Multiple choice test paper
- Assess risk assessment project
- Course summary & close.